Wednesday 9 May 2007

Discussing Ideas


Sometimes this is how I feel when I discuss ideas. I spend hours coming up with something in my own little brain laboratory, covering off all angles, it all seems blindingly obvious to me.

Then when I show it to someone, if they don't get it immediately I simply cannot understand them. WHY CAN'T THEY UNDERSTAND THE GENIUS??

I think I get this with a lot of things, both in and out of work.

WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO RUN A MARATHON WITH ME?
THIS IS THE PERFECT THEME FOR A FANCY DRESS PARTY!
WE DON'T NEED A LOGIN ON THE HOMEPAGE!

If there was a skill I wish they taught at University, this would be it. Negotiation/Idea selling.
Design courses are MUCH MUCH better at it, it seems from day 1 you have to justify your ideas constantly.
It's taken me ages to catch up with them.

No comments: